Nokia Corporation & HMD Global has cancelled their participation from MWC 2020. Today both of these companies has made this sad announcement through a press release (separately). Reason for withdrawing their participation is the situation following the outbreak of the novel coronavirus.
Highlights from press release by Nokia Corporation :
- Nokia has taken the decision to withdraw from MWC 2020 after a full assessment of the risks related to a fast-moving situation.
- Primary focus has been to safeguard the health and well-being of employees and others while also recognizing responsibility to the industry and customers.
- Nokia wants to thank the GSMA as well as the governments of China and Spain and Catalonia’s Generalitat.
- Rather than meeting customers and stakeholders in Barcelona, Nokia plans to go directly to customers with a series of “Nokia Live” events aimed at showcasing the industry-leading demos and launches scheduled for MWC.
Highlights from press release by HMD Global :
- HMD Global has been carefully monitoring the situation following the outbreak of Covid-19. After much deliberation, we have decided to cancel our participation at MWC Barcelona, 2020.
- Our key focus has been to safeguard the health and well-being of employees and other stakeholders.
- We will update the media, our partners and customers on a new timeline for our product announcements.
Nokia & HMD Global has cancelled their participation from MWC 2020 which is definitely a huge disappointing news for Nokia fans all over the world. But this doesn’t mean product announcements has cancelled. That’s just postponed & very soon we’ll give you a news update regarding new dates for their announcements.
Stay tuned for more details 🙂